Sunday, May 31, 2009

Up!

I'm not quite sure what our animated movie kick is about, but we saw another over the weekend and this one is by far the best film I've seen in a while. All I knew about the movie was that it involves an old man and a lot of balloons and I think this is a good level of information to have going into it. I don't want to risk giving away anything for those of you who've yet to see it; suffice it to say the story is tight, it appeals to an adult audience as well as children by integrating relevant themes for both demographics, and the writing is smart. As with Coraline, this movie has a 3-D version available at some theatres. As with Coraline, we ended up seeing the non-3-D version, which I consider astounding considering my childhood fascination with 3-D media...

Solid A bordering on the ever rare A+

No comments: